Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Dreams

So how do you handle stress?
Some people I know wake up at 3 am and don't go back to sleep.
Some people I know get cranky with everyone else.
I internalize, and then I have these dreams. They are not fun dreams either.
I used to dream I was driving a car,
from the backseat,
in reverse.
Waking up from those I would realize I was stressed about something.
Thankfully I haven't had that dream in a long, long time. But I guess it has taken a different shape, because I have had similar dreams in the past couple of years like this one:
Last night I dreamed my husband and I were in college, but weren't married. And here we had all these kids. And then he tells me he's leaving, and I'm on my own.
And I don't handle that well. (Remember it's only a dream)
And then I tell him he can't go because we are married.
And then, this is the crazy part this time around, I actually woke up, in a bit of a haze you know, when I was still probably half asleep, and I had to ask myself, We are married right?
And I knew I was, and it was all not-for-real. But what an awful feeling I was left with, with the remnant of that dream still floating around.
I'll figure out eventually what stress led up to this.

3 comments:

  1. maybe you are stressed that you haven't found enough time for just the two of you? or you are afraid something will happen to him and you'll be a single parent ( that scare of him away in the hospital may have triggered this)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. my stress turns into bad dreams too. my re-occuring dream is that i lose teeth. anytime there is something big and stressful going on in my life i have a dream i've lost a tooth or my teeth are falling out. kinda strange. of course i was dreaming that dream this week with all that's been going on with caleb. hope you can figure out what brought on your bad dream. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my stress dreams come about when G was/is traveling. Not fun!

      Delete