A Holiday

Today is "Parents Day" according to my calendar. So my husband and I decided to take advantage of the day and go out without children. Can I just say how nice it is to have kids that are teen-aged and responsible enough to babysit their younger siblings?!
G and I drove to a Nike outlet store to use our special friends and family coupon during their sale. What a madhouse! There were so many people in the store it felt like a Christmas Eve rush. At least there was no fighting over any items, and the people were nice and polite all around the store. G was able to score a pair of running shoes to replace his worn ones. They were on sale, and then we got them marked down another 30%, so we knew we couldn't get a better deal elsewhere.
After that we wandered around the outlet center. I used to really enjoy doing this kind of thing. But I have either gotten too old, or too practical or too tightfisted with my money, because I didn't really enjoy the stores. I found a few things to look at - some dresses, some shoes - but I didn't purchase any. I guess I am too tightfisted.
So we stopped to see my nephew's wife -(my niece-in-law?) at work. She works at a store that sells handbags, and such items, for a lot of $$$$$. One bag costs as much as we budget for 2 weeks of groceries!! OK, so can you tell by now what a non-city girl I am?!
Thankfully we left soon after that and drove home through the farm lands. Ahhhh, much better. G and I discussed the art of hay bales in a field. We talked about sports and kids and summertime. That was the best part of our Parents Day - spending time with my sweetie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend