Give Thanks Day 09



Thanksgiving Day 2009.
Last week was a lot of fun preparing the foods to share with the family. All but 2 of my siblings were able to join us for the feast and fun (and we missed you guys). I brought some homemade stuffing - a little dry, but now I know - and mom's famous? frozen cranberry salad, and some breakfast food.
There was too much food - which is great because we love leftovers. There was even more dessert. Which is even greater because we love leftovers!!
From age 1 month to 90+ years old, we gathered and ate and talked and laughed. We played games - the Phrases game is still popular - and had a Ping Pong tournament. To my son's dismay, there was no football game in the yard. I had told him about how my brothers used to play every Thanksgiving (well that's how I remember it), and I am afraid the uncles have just gotten to a point where grubbing in the mud with the pigskin isn't as alluring... or else they didn't bring enough clothes to change into .. or maybe the fact that it was freezing outside had something to do with it. Luckily, the boy got to play football on Saturday with our neighbors and G and the girls. And there was plenty of football on TV to satisfy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend