What's in a name?

Lately the kids have been tossing out some baby names, that, well, I just wouldn't use for my baby. They get them from these books they read. Books like The Boxcar Children, Encyclopedia Brown, Hank the Cow Dog, Nathan T. Riggins. Books that have some interesting names, and characters, And lots of nicknames. We usually hear their suggestions at dinner time, and it often ends up in giggle fest. I won't mention them here, because, well what if it was your name?!
We have 5 months to figure out what to name this new child. I have my ideas. G has his. Hopefully we'll meet up in the middle. We have the last 4 times.
The hard part this time around is finding one that is special, not too trendy, not too unique, but not used in the family already. I have a feeling that we will be having a repeat this time. By repeat, I mean a name that someone in the extended family already has. We have a nephew on both sides with the same name as my brother. We have nieces on both sides with the same name. And we have a huge family. So I'm thinking a repeat is gonna happen. Hopefully the person (or the family) whose name we (might) use won't be bothered by it.

Comments

  1. when you come up with one, let me know, I'm VERY interested...:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend