Eggs

In the past when I have written about cooking with eggs it is usually to show my gaffes. (Cool word, gaffes.) But today we have a different story! Today I can celebrate my prowess in the kitchen. Today I cracked all the eggs one-handed.
Have you seen the movie "Sabrina"? (It's one of my favorites.) Not the modern one with Harrison Ford, but the original with Audrey Hepburn and Humphrey Bogart. She goes to Paris to a cooking school and one of the skills she has to conquer is cracking eggs one-handed, no mess.
Tonight while making dinner - breakfast food because G is not here for supper - I needed to crack a lot of eggs, and I had a fussy baby (no surprise there). So I just did it. I struck the egg against the bowl, used my thumb to press in and then my claw-index finger along with middle finger and thumb, to open it. I was nearly giddy with delight. All nine eggs came out without shells.
I think this should be in the Book of Awesome.

Comments

  1. ...and here I am looking for a third hand to get an egg cracked properly. Impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive!! I've always thought it was impossible if you weren't in chef school :-) Btw I like the layout!

    -Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was inspired by you and cracked my eggs one handed yesterday! (I was also holding a fussy baby!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend