Rants and Raves Tuesday

I'm not one to rant much. Every once in awhile something happens or I see something and it really irks me: people chewing food in my ear - ugh; drivers who don't use their turn-indicator - frustrating! But the other day G came home and told me about a bumper sticker he saw that really really bothers me. How is it people can have this on their car and not be accused of "hate speech" or whatever it is called these days. If I were to substitute another word, say a certain race or ethnic group, I would probably be tarred and feathered. This is the bumper sticker:
So many Christians, So few lions.
There are websites that sell this on more than bumper stickers - T-shirts, buttons, etc.
How can they get away with this? Like I said, if I put on a shirt that said "So many Jews, or blacks, or gays, so few lions" I would be in big trouble. Now the next question is, what can I do about it? Prayer is the only thing I can come up with. Anyone else?

Now a rave: oh wait, I raved about those caramel brownies yesterday. Hmm... well, I can rave about my friends.
Today is the birthday of a friend of mine who has moved away. She spent many a year putting up with my poor short-memory skills and numerous questions on child-raising and home school (... hmm, perhaps that is why she moved, not to be a missionary but to get away from this crazy girl!) Nonetheless, this friend helped me through challenges and shared in good times with us too. She passed along wisdom about children and marriage and faith, and she passed along a lot of girl clothes! And then there was this leather jacket .... Anyway -- I hope she has a lovely birthday surrounded by new friends!

Comments

  1. I think prayer is the key.

    Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Romans 12:19 KJV

    Perhaps the passage isn't 100% suited to your "rant", but there are a lot of Christians who deeply desire to take action against such hateful speech, etc., but in many cases, all that brings about are lawsuits, which we are also called to avoid.

    I get disgusted when I see that sort of thing too, but more than disgust I feel sadness, because the people behind such things are LOST and they are DYING and don't even know it.

    That's where the prayers becomes key. Pray for them to be saved and for God to change their hearts. It may seem like you are going up against a large company or a brand, but there are individuals behind it all and God can reach every single one of them in one way or another. You can pray for the people who will buy these items and those who will unwittingly and unwillingly see them, that they would be disgusted too and also take to prayer about it.

    One of my favorite quotes "Prayer moves the hand that moves the world." -EM Bounds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen, that is what I need to remind myself when I feel the anger and injustice of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, shucks. (And I'm sure it's very healthy that you're STILL sore about that jacket!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend