I'll try not to post too many pictures of our new baby - there are other children in the family - but these were just too precious not to share. I finally got her to smile at me while I had a camera ready, and finally caught the action. And her dimple. :)
Boy, something tickled her fancy! I love it when babies smile! Kinda makes you wonder what they are seeing or hearing that's causing them to smile, doesn't it?
If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you know I like lists. So guess what I've got today! A big thing these days are 'bucket lists.' I think that term might have come into vogue back when that movie with Morgan Freeman came out. But I think lists like that have been around forever. The other day I heard on the radio some people talking about 10 things every woman should know. And I thought to myself, "hmm, what do I want my girls to know by the time they move out of the house?" If they do. Which I am assuming they will. But a list like this isn't something new either. In my extensive research (reading historical fiction is research right?!) back in the beginning of our country there were certain things a true lady would have to know, like how to pour tea, or how to dance, or how to embroider. And women in the West, they had other 'tasks' they needed to know (shooting and skinning come to mind). But what about in present day? What do gir...
So here's one picture from my birthday that I *forgot* to put on that post last month. Surprise! I have had mixed feelings about this for some time. But after my first doctor's appointment this week, I am much more positive about this big change in our lives. We finally told our other 4 what was going on. Now they understand, maybe, a little bit more why Mom is always on the couch sleeping. And they are super excited. I don't think they remember what is was like 4 years ago when the youngest was born and made SO much noise... Of course, she still makes a lot of noise, just a different kind.
Last night was the first night. We are back at the crucial time in baby's life where she learns ... to go back to sleep on her own. I, too, have to adjust my habit of going in every time she cries, picking her up and cuddling her. But oh, how those sweet hugs and whimpers break my heart. I stood strong last night, after I finally turned off the light, and prayed a million Give me strength prayers. She woke up 3 times during the night, with each crying time getting progressively shorter! I was able to lay there and just listen to her without going in. I must admit, I was more worried about my reaction than hers. But we both came through just fine, both rested when we awoke in the morning, and we were up and out of our pajamas by 8 am! A breakthrough for sure!
Boy, something tickled her fancy! I love it when babies smile! Kinda makes you wonder what they are seeing or hearing that's causing them to smile, doesn't it?
ReplyDelete