A New Spot

Since last week's outings of going to museums didn't work out so well, this week we tried something new. The sun was shining nicely yesterday afternoon, so I loaded up a bunch of the junk we had laying outside the garage, waiting to be disposed. Today I loaded up the kids, who were not wanting to be disposed, but yet ready for an outing nonetheless.
And we headed for the town dump.
I had never been there before so it was something of an adventure for me. The oldest three had been there with Dad, so there was not excitement on their faces. But the little Princess and I, well we were looking forward to it. Strange, I know, but it was something new and different for us.
After some strategic calls to my husband regarding procedure and payment, we found the dump. There is a scale that weighs the vehicle on the way in, and then on the way out. We saw the weight "5480" on the way out and tried to figure out how much we all weighed plus the vehicle (math, it's all around you). After dumping our refuse, and the subsequent weighing and payment, we were on our way again.
A fine outing I thought, and said, "That was fun." All I got back from the kids was a strange look like I had lost my mind. But that quickly changed when I suggested we go get Dad and take him to lunch. The all seemed to like that outing a lot more. Go figure.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend