Growing Up



Last night we had a wedding shower for my niece. How can they be old enough to get married?! Two of them will be getting married within the next year.... You see, these 'kids' are almost like my own little sisters (and brothers). I was 10 years old when my first niece was born; 11 when the first nephew came along. The two girls pictured here were born when I was 15/16. So their 'growing up' makes me feel ... old.


But the shower was fun in my humble opinion! My sisters did an amazing job of decorating and baking!! I was in charge of the games - so that was easy. We played one called "What's in Your wallet?" where guests got points for certain items in their purse, such as nail clippers, credit cards, college paraphernalia, baby wipes, passports... etc. We also played a Famous Couples game where everyone had to fill in the second name to a famous couple, like Sonny and Cher. Lotsa laughs, lotsa fun.

Today my oldest has gone on his first youth group trip. And momma ain't handlin' it so well! I have been praying like crazy, not only for his safety and health, etc. but for my own peace of mind! Letting go ... not always so easy!

Comments

  1. Now you know how I felt when you got married!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait a few years and he wants to do a school exchange or just travel overseas - just a thought. These days will help prepare you for longer separations. CIK

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend