Movie scenes

Have you ever had one of those moments when you stop and think, Is there a camera on here? Where's Allan Funt?
Yesterday I felt like I was in a movie scene. I'm in the kitchen cooking dinner; I decide to cook up the hamburger patties that were sitting in the refrigerator from the weekend. Baby is sleeping, kids are playing, all is good.
My sister calls, and after chatting a bit she convinces me to broil the burgers instead of pan fry like I had originally planned. (The rain was coming down too hard to put them on the grill.)
So I started cooking. It's all going well ... and then ...
Baby K wakes up and starts to wail, at the same time the smoke alarm goes off b/c of the smoke from the broiling, and it's loud! The dog, who had been sleeping peacefully in the other room, darts for the hiding place - under the computer where a child is playing, and a small ruckus ensues. And then to top it off - while I am 'helping' my son fan the air around the shrill alarm, and my daughter is carrying around up the screamer, the phone rings!
Chaos, I tell ya, chaos. Sizzling grease on the stove top - b/c yes I did pan fry a few patties, shrill alarm, hurrying to open all the windows, crying baby, ringing phone. All I needed was the doorbell to ring! Thankfully it didn't.

Comments

  1. oh boy! what a day. i guess you can say life is never boring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like your blog title, thankfully "you don't see that every day"
    Linda G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, at least it wasn't one of the neighbors or the fire department at your door checking to see if you were OK!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend