Saturday, December 3, 2011

Score!!

For the past few months I've been following this one blogger, who has an amazing knack for getting groceries and paying pennies (onehundreddollarsamonth).
But as much as I read her (funny yet informative) blog, I still pay a lot of money every month for groceries.
But then great things happen, like what I am about to share, that make me "see the light":
Our boy's birthday was this week. So of course we went shopping the night before for birthday presents. We picked up an OSU T-shirt, blanket, and some Nerf darts, along with some air freshener (for our house, not a birthday gift).
The 'original' total was $37.55.
But then ..., I whipped out my gift card I received from listening to a bid on gutters (something we needed at the time) - bing - minus $25
and then I showed the clerk my rewards card, and the 2 coupons I had from a flyer - bing - minus 4
and then I laid down the Money Off coupon I got from the store for being a rewards card customer - bing - minus 6.12
Now my total was $4.43; but then the girls contributed $4 for their brother's gift!
Score! I paid 43 cents!
I love it when this math stuff actually works for me.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Hello. You are a rockstar! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell him to take REALLY good care of the shirt... so it's in nice shape when it's passed down (ahem!).

    ReplyDelete