History


The family is in the process of going through my grandparents house and cleaning it out.
And there are SO many photographs. My mom loaned me this one to scan and put with the family history, and I will probably be putting some more up here to share.

Here is a picture of my grandparents - my dad's parents.
 She is holding a bouquet with roses, and her dress was a very pretty blue. (I had a piece of it sewn onto a handkerchief by my aunt, which I carried in my wedding.) They look so young to me in this picture.
My grandparents were married back in 1924. Grandpa was back from the WWI - fighting in France -and Grandma lived in Washington. I think they were both around 30 years of age when they got married; I am going to have to ask my aunts what they can recall about this time of their parent's lives, and before - stories I haven't heard yet.
They went on to have 6 children - 4 boys, 2 girls - and about 30 grandchildren. I have no idea how many great, or great-great grandchildren there are now!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend