In My Corner

In my corner of the world this week ...
*
My son's track season started on Monday. I am more excited about it that he is I think. I loved running track back in the day. He needed some running pants, and said he wanted tights too. So we went shopping. And I had him try on a bunch of different kinds. And sadly, I unknowingly made him try on girl pants. Oh horrors! The screeches and howls that I heard about that. Actually he played it pretty cool and pointed my mistake out to my oh-so-nicely.
*
I have a little secret to confess. Gulp. I bought jam this month. Twice! Bought it. From a store. I have a TON of berries in my freezer and I had to buy jam. 1. because I need a day to make jam. and 2. because I need the pectin to make the jam. I've got everything else ... and I sure hope to have those other 2 (pectin and time) before I run out of jam. We eat it every day, sometimes more than just for lunch, so it goes fast. I thought I had made enough this summer, and our supply has been exhausted. I think the supplier might be too.
*
Another visit to the ER. This time no stuffed animal for the kiddo in there. Just stickers, and a sling or two. 
*
I ran 10 miles one day this week. It was Long. It was Slow. But I did Run.
*
I watched one of my favorite movies, again. It's called "Return to Me." Have you seen it? Love love love it!
*
I made split pea soup for dinner one night. There is a child in our family who absolutely hates it. But the rest of us either really like it or tolerate it. Took the poor girl nearly 3 hours to eat her dinner that night.
*
The snow fell hard and heavy here, enough for schools to close. Which, in Oregon, isn't that much. Two days later the sun was shining and people were wearing shorts.
*
I cried a lot this week. When my daughter was dealing with broken shoulder pain and having to go through painful x-rays, it was hard to hold it together. I also did a lot of praying this week. The two often go hand in hand.
*
Precious memory of the week - when my 13 year old picked up my friends' 2 year old, who was crying, scared by a lawn mower, and took care of him. Neither know each other very well, but it was a pretty sweet moment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend