Run in the rain

I've got a half-marathon coming up in 10 days. Yikes! I don't quite feel ready. I do, but I don't.
Earlier in the week I made it to 12 miles. The first 6 felt great. The next 3 were ok. The last 3 were just plain hard to keep going.
I admit, I walked. A little bit.
And I was quite happy to visit with our couch that afternoon for a nice long nap.
Today I had to get back out there and run some more. A maintenance run so to speak. It was only 3miles, but it was raining. I put it off this morning as long as I could, but I wanted a shower and wasn't getting one until I ran. (My day doesn't seem started right without a shower and cup of caffeine tea.) Anyway, the rain was coming down and so I ran out there when it *seemed* to be lessening.
And it actually was quite fun to run in the rain. Thankfully it was warmer - spring is pretty nice around here. And thankfully it was only 3 miles. I was quite soaked by the time I got home.
So I haven't hit the taper point yet, that will be the week before the race. I have another long run staring at me this weekend.
I'm just hoping it doesn't rain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend