Giving Thanks


A day of giving thanks for all our blessings.
We started out the day with a fun run - 5k in the local park. We did this for the first time last year, at a different Turkey Trot 5k. This year we got smart and found one that started later and was closer to home.
G. ran with the older two kids, and I pushed the stroller and ran with the other 3.
It was a beautiful, sunny, but cold, morning. Lots of fun.

And then it was off to the relatives for feasting and fun!
I didn't get any action shots of the whole crowd - there were about 35 of us I think - but I got a picture of this very cool turkey. It is actually a cake! My niece made this using pound cake, Twinkies, caramel, and pretzels. I was pretty impressed - enough to take a picture.
So we had a nice long visit with the family, got to see the great-nephews from California. Oh my, they are cuties! I loved watching them play with my little girls and the cousins. My brother had a bunch of old photos he transferred from slides to disc, so we watched those and reminisced. I ended the day with a bit of a headache since I didn't get any nap, and not enough sleep the night before. But I was - and am - still thankful for the full day we had together as family.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend