A Berry good day

It's time for the berries! I picked half of our raspberries yesterday morning.
With a little help .
But if that wasn't enough, I had to go and get some strawberries too. I knew that their availability is nearly at an end here, and wanted to get in on the good stuff. So I brought home 24 pints of those. Plus my 4 pints of our own raspberries.

And then I got to work ... washing, boiling, smashing, sugaring, cooking, stirring, pouring ...

After almost 3 hours, my final product of 16 jars of jam. But only because I had to stop when I ran out of sugar and pectin.
But we had strawberry with our breakfast oatmeal this morning, and then strawberry shortcake for dessert tonight. And I picked up some more needed ingredients, so I will finish up with the last of the berries that are waiting in my refrigerator, and making it, and my kitchen, smell like strawberry every time the door is opened.

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend