Baby Quilt

I received a quilt in the mail last week. It was actually for Baby K, but she isn't up to running out to the mailbox just yet. (She is however crawling all over, and now pulling herself up to standing if the stool or a person is handy. (yikes))
So the quilt is from one of my sisters-in- law; and it's so special, because it was her first completed quilt.

Long ago my grandmother - a very accomplished, much-sought-after quilter - made a baby quilt with this bunny pattern. The cabbages background represent the farm - since I took baby K out there during the summer while we worked. The pink John Deere material - the corners and 'clothing' - represent the the strength from God to help her achieve her purpose; and the heart stitching in the corners signifies the hope she will develop a heart of love for Jesus. The quilted straight lines through the cabbages and edging (which is Old MacDonald material) symbolize the straight paths that are helpful on a farm, and in our lives. The backing of the quilt is a very soft brown material, to symbolize the richness of the dirt on the farm perhaps. My sister in law explained this all to me, and when ever I get back to my scrapbooks, and baby albums, I'll be putting that in there. But for now, we'll just use the quilt on these cold nights.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend