Feasting

I thought I was all set. Lists and lists were made for preparations of this upcoming holiday. I've gotten a couple of items made ahead of time, so I won't have to worry about those on Thursday. I have my tasks broken into certain days so I won't be doing it all on Thursday morning. I even have my weekly menu planned out. Every day except today that is. I drew a blank on what to cook for supper tonight.
Usually it's Friday nights that are questionable - and we end up eating pizza. Because why cook when I can go order my favorite bacon bacon bacon pizza a few minutes down the road?! Yes, if we had no children we would support the entire staff of that certain pizza shop! But thankfully for my  health, we don't get to order pizza every night.
So I had to come up with something from the cupboards tonight. And even though it is not a 'favorite' of anyone in the family but me, I went ahead and made my chicken rice casserole. It comes from a recipe my mom passed over to me, and I, of course, tweaked it to my own specifications.
It calls for chicken breasts, a cup and half of rice, and a bunch of seasoning. So instead of full chicken breasts I cut them up into bite size pieces. The rice amount (usually) stays the same. And the spices - well that's where the fun comes in! I do add the garlic powder, season salt and onion, but then I also add in oregano and basil instead of Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Tonight I added in about a cup of our home-frozen corn, and sprinkled some Parmesan cheese over the top. So it's similar to the original recipe, but tweaked just enough for my liking.
(I'll post the recipe(s) over on my recipe page.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend