Sleep and things

I ran once last week. A week ago today I think it was. My youngest two girls went with me, one in the stroller, the other on her scooter. My 5 year old might just be the runner I have dreamed of having in my family. She likes to run already. She once ran around the track with me, in flip fops, without complaining, and actually enjoying it. She is the one who asks, Are we going to run? when I suggest an outing. Yay!
So my run last week - yes, it felt good to be out there, but my shoulders were all tense from pushing the stroller. I'm still trying to get the hang of it. And about 3 hours later I had such a bad headache I barely made it through getting the kids fed and to bed before I toppled into bed to fight off the queasy feeling the headache had brought on.
The point? I want to run. I long to run. I see runners and think, "Me!" But my body and sleep schedule don't seem quite ready for it yet.
We are beginning to train baby K to sleep through the night. This has always been the hardest part of babying my babies - the crying at night part. Not necessarily because I hate to hear them cry - and oh, how baby K can scream! - but mostly because of the affect it has on the rest of the household! So far the other girls have slept through the crying. But my son and husband have not been so fortunate. And so perhaps we will be investing in ear plugs.
And then I can buy new running shoes.

Comments

  1. Good luck with the sleep training. I was wondering how it will be in the future with baby crying through the night and having older kids. Ear plugs is a good idea! Hopefully you'll be feeling up to running soon :) A year later and I finally feel like I have my own body back :) Can't wait to meet Miss K at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your "longings" on both levels, I remember wanting baby to sleep all night, and I know what it's like to want to lace up the runners and hit the road.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend