Holidays

My thoughts are turning more and more to the upcoming holidays. Given that there are only 16 days until Thanksgiving (!) and then one more month after that until Christmas (!) I am starting to plan - menus, gifts, activities. Remember I like to make lists? Yeah, this time of year is a great list time. Lists for presents, lists for sending cards, lists for menus, lists for items needed for holiday performances, lists of movies to watch.
My kids are at the age where I can start sharing some of my favorite Christmas/ holiday movies with them. On the queue so far are these: Seuss' Grinch, Miracle on 34th St (the 1947 edition, b/c I rarely like the remakes), Holiday Inn, Home Alone, Elf, Little Women, A Christmas Carol, and White Christmas. Those are (mostly) ones I recall from my youth, and ones I really like. We've also got Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation coming up - my dear G can probably recite every line from this movie. He introduced me to it back in the day, and I get a kick out of watching it, and watching G while he watches it! Of course, there's also The Christmas Story - I'm betting my son likes that one most. He also requested Home Alone (the 1st) which has some great tunes in it. The Santa Clause and Fred Claus have made their way onto the list - we've seen them in the past, and I think they are OK;  we'll see before we show them to the kids.The Nativity Story and Polar Express round out our holiday selections. What are some of the ones you like?

Comments

  1. Home Alone. The original first one. You have no idea how many times I've had to restrain myself from shouting "KEVIN!!!!" just like in the movie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Jaggy, You crack me up. Next time - no restraint -yell at him :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend