Traditions

playing Rummikub
Certain times of the year bring out certain traditions. Holidays of course are full of traditions, family ones and cultural ones. A few years back we started a loose "tradition" of game night on Thursday nights. It doesn't always happen, and we often play games on other nights of the week. We really like board games and card games around here.
candle night
Another tradition my kids often remind me of is Candle Night. On Fridays during the fall and winter months we have (when I remember) supper by candle light on Friday nights (or sometimes Saturday). The kids enjoy the change - like when the electricity goes out and we have to do everything by candle of flashlight. We scrounge up whichever candles we can that fit the criteria: they have enough wick to burn, and they don't have an overpowering smell; because, really, who wants to smell vanilla bean while eating split pea soup?
So I guess you could say I get a candle-lit dinner with my husband nearly every week.

Comments

  1. Candle night is a really fun idea! My boys are obsessed with candles and love to have them. They had them all over the dining room for Thanksgiving. I expected to find candle wax on the table cloth but the next day I also found it dripped on the floor, the piano....{{sigh}}.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! I'm glad my kids haven't gotten into moving the candles yet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend