Education

Every day here is a day full of educational opportunities!
This morning I felt like turning on the radio while I cleaned up the kitchen. The kids had not started school yet so we didn't have to worry about distractions. And since my kitchen radio - the one with all my pre-set stations - has gone to reside at the town dump, I had to use the kids' radio. It's not a Fisher price, but it does not have pre-set stations. I had to actually use a dial to find a radio station. No, I am not technically savvy - my radio does not hook up to an ipod. I don't own an ipod.
So fiddling around with that, I came upon music from my youth! Yayhoo! The music of the 80s and (early) 90s! My daughter watched with awe (or maybe it was laughter, I didn't look too closely) as I danced around and did some boxing moves to the Rocky theme. And then Michael Jackson was up next. I showed my girls how to moonwalk. Once again their eyes were wide with surprise awe. And then it was their turn - I made them try it out. Actually I went online, showed them how the moonwalk was *really* supposed to be done, and then made them try it. My daughter's comment to my moves, "That looks weird Mom." I just grinned and did some more.

Comments

  1. I'm still a sucker for music from those decades (although we don't listen to anything secular these days. All Christian radio and CD's on our shelf.) MJ might be a current exception for me. I have the CD from his This is It movie and I LOVE it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always get a good chuckle when my mom and dad pull out dance moves from their generation! I'm glad Caleb is too young to do anything but laugh like it's the greatest thing in the world when Dave and I dance!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend