Football games

Football is a big deal in our house. If we wanted to have the means to do it, we would pay for cable just to watch football during the season. Thankfully our (financial) priorities are different than that, and we watch what we can on the basic TV. But today is different. Today there seems to be some big game between a team from our state and one from back east somewhere, or is it down south? Sad to say I don't know where Auburn is, and sadder to say, I might not look it up.
So everywhere we go we see people wearing Oregon Ducks apparel. And all over facebook people I know from high school and church are cheering for the ducks. (Can Christians be Duck fans?) Notice I didn't mention anyone from my college cheering for the Ducks - yeah, because we went to the other school. The better school. And just because our football team didn't make it to these bowl games ... well we will always be Beaver believers. And I am sorry to say, I just can't root for that school. Ever. Sorry. It would just be wrong for me to do. Not that I am a big fan of Auburn either, or the SEC. But the words Go Ducks stick in my throat, and burn all the way back down.
Go Beavs!! wherever you are.

Comments

  1. Oh goodness, we have LOTS of Auburn (WARRRRRR EEEEEEEAGLE!) fans at our church. They've been blowing up my Facebook account with cheers for their team! Auburn is in Alabama...There's probably gonna be lots of heckling this Sunday. All in good fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Julie, I so agree with you about not being able to root for those Ducks! One of our teachers (who is a Duck naturally) thought it was appalling that I wouldn't root for them simply because they were going to this big game and it got attention for our state. No way! I'm not a forgiving enough person for that. Beaver believers all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie -- somehow my laptop was signed in as Michael so my comment posted as his. I'm sure, if he reads your blog's comments, that I will hear about this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend