Five and change

Five years. A lot can change in five years.
January 2006. Five years ago I had a 4 month-old, an almost 3 yr-old, 6 yr-old and 8 yr-old. We figured our baby days were numbered. Our 4 month-old's antics were caught on video so we wouldn't ever forget the adorable sounds and looks of a baby.
And then whammo, five years later here we are in the baby stages! Our almost-9 month old has been a challenge and a blessing.
We GET to relive the baby days!
We get to RELIVE the baby days!
We get to relive the BABY days!
Five years ago I had 2 children "going" to school at home. Now I have 4 of them "in" school. I had never heard of chronic hives. I had not yet met Kimmy, Craig, Ben, Caleb, Sophia or Hailey or Karly!  We did not know our friends would be moving to Argentina. A lot can change.
And five years before that we had a 3 month old and a 2 year old. (2001)
S and S, 2001
Five years before that, we weren't even dating. (1996)
A lot can change in five years.
Five years from now my children will be 17, 15, nearly 13, 10 and 5 years old. I will most likely have 2 or 3 going to another school, and plenty more time to teach the younger two. And I will be in my 40s!
I was just struck today by how quickly life changes. I'm looking forward to seeing what's next!

Comments

  1. and that is why if you are in an argument with your child about something you ask yourself will this matter five years from now?
    Linda G

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to think you previously had thought being over 30 was nearly dead!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend