Menu

So after cleaning the house on Friday we had a little dinner party.
Here's what was on the menu: Lasagna, bread, salad, and for dessert - hot fudge pudding cake.
The lasagna, well I saved myself from stress, and bought it at Costco, knowing it would taste good and be enough for all of us to eat. The bread was in the bread maker, from a recipe in the manual. It is soft and fluffy for the first day; after that it is good for toast.
The piece de resistance was the dessert, in my humble opinion. My mom used to make this "cake" back in my youth, and I love it. I would choose it over Costco round chocolate layer cake anytime (you know the one I'm talking about!?!) So I thought I would share it with those who might not be in the know. Make it for dessert tonight - you won't be sorry. Unless you don't like nuts, and then you might be sorry. Or you could just leave them out. It will still taste great. And it is even lovely the next day. I finished it up for lunch on Saturday. Good thing I went for a run this weekend.
So here's how you make it:
In a large bowl sift together:
1 cup flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons cocoa.
And then stir in:
1/2 cup milk
2 Tablespoons shortening, melted.
Blend in 1 cup of chopped nuts if you are so inclined. I was.
Spread this mixture in a 9" square pan. Sprinkle with a mixture of 1 cup brown sugar and 4 Tablespoons cocoa.
Then pour 1 3/4 cup HOT water over the entire batter.
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
During baking the batter/cake rises to the top and the chocolate sauce to the bottom. When you dish it up, invert squares of pudding onto the plate and drizzle sauce over each. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend