Potato Casserole


Tonight for dinner I made one of G's favorite dishes, Potato Casserole (courtesy of my dear friend C.H.) I don't normally make this dish very often, mainly because it is full of processed items, and because it was messy to mix up. That is until I got this bowl:
My wonderful mother in-law gave me a set of these large bowls and colanders! And now I can mix to my heart's content. I am a messy cook. Messy! We will find splatterings across the kitchen and up on the ceiling weeks after making something. But this big bowl! Yay! I can mix this meal up and actually not make (as much of) a mess.

So basically all you do is mix up frozen hashbrowns, sour cream, cream of soup, and cheddar cheese in a LARGE bowl. Pour it into a pan. Top with buttery crushed ritz crackers and bake for an hour at 350. Voila - happiness at the table.

Comments

  1. I'm with you on the spatters, never the ceiling, but I find myself scrubbing my cabinets and stove quite often. Sometimes it's stuff I didn't cook, but that just means it's one less meal I had to make. I make this casserole, but we like it with tator tots. It's only 1200 calories per serving. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man... that's good, healthy stuff! ;) You could use real potatoes, ya know... then it would be only slightly 'processed' and even yummier... AND you could have it more often! (It's really easy not to gain weight here in this cheddar-free land!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend